Monday, February 20, 2012

A Snowy Day at School

A Snowy Day at School.....
Recently our family had the pleasure of visiting Ryan and Aayden's Elementary school to celebrate an annual event entitled 'Colonial Days'.
While we were there I couldn't help but notice all of the delightful snowmen hanging outside of the classrooms on the walls. I have to say that I really enjoy this type of art.
I miss the days when our son's, and later our grandson Thomas, used to bring home their colorful art work from school. I was one of those mom's and grandmother's that hung it up all over the house. I used to sometimes hang it in my windows, on my door, my walls, and yes, even on my refrigerator. I hung up some of the drawings and crafts year after year until they literally fell apart.
For years I kept much of our son's art work packed away in plastic boxes. Recently I decided the time had come to give it back to it's respective owners. It was a very difficult decision for me. To this day I cannot part with the home made Christmas ornaments they made me though the years.
This type of art has always fascinated me and warmed my heart. I always wonder how each little mind comes up with such interesting and unique designs. That, plus the fact, that I have always been drawn to bold and beautiful primary colors.
With the weather like it's been in our area I think the time has come to file these pictures away until next year, when God willing, you will most likely see some of them on the side bar of this blog.
Our granddaughter Jessica told me she saw her first robin yesterday. Charli and I go out in the yard every morning but so far we haven't seen one. We continue to wait patiently and know it won't be long.
I hope all of you are well and having a good week!
God bless you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol






5 comments:

Shelley said...

I loved those snowman cutouts too! Such a cute idea! How are you and Charli doing? Scout and I send our hugs!!

P.S. the new word verifcation is a little blurry. Wasn't sure if you noticed but I'm seeing it on other peoples blogs too.

Madeline's Album said...

The snowmen are cute and the I liked the snowflake cutouts. I still put art work my granddaughter, Peyton, sends me on my refrigerator. Our weather here is cold one day and nice the next. Lots of birds saw a pretty blue bird the other day but no robins so far. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Eileen said...

Jayden recently had an "Open House" at his school too! And I also love all the children's artwork (I have tons of boxes full of artwork from our kids and grandkids! And I have lots of Mia's & Jayden's artwork still hanging in the kitchen and on the foyer door. Some 'works of art' are even framed and hanging in our living room!). Jayden and his classmates all made "Flat Stanleys" from the book series by the same name. It was adorable!

I really enjoyed this post, Carol. And I'm going back for a second look now! Thanks for sharing this!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
PS ~ Thank you for your comments to me, and I had a thought, how about we exchange voices for a day?! You can have my deep, husky voice with the Brooklyn accent and sound tough for a day, and I can have a sweet little voice for once in my life!

SissySees said...

Those are cute! I always liked the displays with a host of interpretations of the same project...

Eileen said...

I came here because my sidebar showed that you posted new, but I just keep getting an error message saying the page does not exist.
Anyway, I also wanted to say that I had just been reading something about Paczki Day (spelling?) and how in certain parts of the U.S. it is as popular as St. Patrick's Day is, with parades and parties to celebrate. Do they have any of that in your area?
Also the traditional Paczki donut is very much like the donuts my Swedish father-in-law used to make. 'Brought back many nice memories for me.

On this first day of Lent, as we await the hope and joy of Easter, I wish you much peace.
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Related Posts with Thumbnails