Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Flowers......

Spring Flowers......
Don't you just love spring flowers? I know I do but sometimes it's just not possible to have fresh flowers all of the time.
I also like to do simple crafts and I especially like to paint. I find it very relaxing. I will usually grab a pillow for Charli and sit her on a chair beside my desk while I work away. These spring flowers are one of my latest projects. As you can see they are a very simple and primitive form of art. I absolutely love them though! They definitely add a sense of cheerfulness to our little home. Right now I have some of them sitting on the mantel and in the kitchen window but I like to move them around. I am thinking of the many other possible ways these little flowers can be used so you just might see them again in some future post.
I hope all of you are doing well! Happy spring everyone ♥
With warmest regards, Carol






9 comments:

Vee said...

Adorable. I can see them all lined up along the kitchen windowsill. Last year, I bought tulips every few weeks; this year none (except for a gift) so I know what you mean about not always having fresh flowers.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

CAROL!!!!!!! YOU REALLY ARE BACK??? THANK YOU for coming to visit me! What a wonderful BLAST from the PAST to see you again! And how is Charli? Yes, my birthday is next Monday and well, here we go, 54 years old! AHHH! It is fun to grow up....

LOVE YOUR FLOWERS! Be well beautiful Carol! Anita

Paula said...

I love your flowers. How did you make them. I like simple crafts too but I am really really in love with fresh flowers. I am so happy to have spring here as I love to cut flowers and bring them in the house. Do you garden?
Hope you have a super day! Visiting your blog will always bring a smile to my face

SmilingSally said...

I would have never guessed that you painted these little pretties; they're so professionally looking. And, you put butterflies on them . . . you KNOW how I hate butterflies. They give me the willies. Remember, I told you once that my cousin put one down my shirt one summer. Yuk!

Sorry that you were sick for Easter. I know how important that holiday is for you. I trust you're A-OK now, Carol.

Charli and me said...

Paula, Thank you Paula. No I didn't make the flowers. I got them from Michael's and painted them. Yes, I have a garden and I bring fresh flowers into the house all summer long. I can't wait for my Liliac bush to bloom :>)

Charli and me said...

Sally, I do remember that you hate butterflies. Maybe now that your older you can give them another chance. They are so beautiful! If you go to a butterfly exhibit you can touch them and maybe get over your fear. I was not sick at Easter but unfortunately half of our family was.

Madeline's Album said...

Your flowers are so cute. Love the butterflies you put on the base. Hope you and your family are feeling better. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Michael said...

Love them! You are so creative!

God Bless.

Michael said...

Happy Mothers Day Carol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails